Green Your Vacation
1. Combine work with pleasure some businesses will allow family to come along on business trips so it's partial vacation partial work and forgo the regular vacation.
2. If you are traveling to foreign lands many locals create beautiful crafts from recycled products.
These are so much cooler than a plastic key chain.
3. Vacation in one town over or in your own town. We did this for our summer vacation. We bought beloved television shows new and used, games, and planned local activities. This can save money. Find if there are safe walking trails of the place you are visiting. You can even choose a hotel close to home if you feel like having room service.
4. Bring reusable thermoses or water jugs instead of buying bottled water.
5. Use GPS so you won't get lost and lose more gas.
6. Do free offsets which I talked in depth before or buy offsets for plane use.
7. Do a volunteer vacation that benefits others.
8. Road trip with a hybrid
9. Mystery train ride
10. walking trip
11. Vacation within 150 miles, This can be a lot less stressful if you have kids than a big trip. If you're lucky to have a second run movie theater or a drive in these can be economical and fun.
12. http://www.ecohotelsoftheworld.com/ Eco Hotels of The World is a site and book. Remember if your hotel is local you can save on airfare.
13. Bike trip.